Saturday, November 8, 2014

Microsoft Innovative Expert Educators Program 2015

It is a great honour to be on this journey again! I look forward to learning from all the expert educators! I enjoy using technology in education and always think about what ticks for my students. For example, while I am conducting my lessons, if students were to ask me what a stick insect looked like, because we might be going through a passage that mentioned it, I would quickly use the Internet to show them what the insect looks like in the real world. This adds immediacy and authenticity to the things students learn in class. Some of the tools I use frequently in class include O365 - OneDrive and OneNote, which I used to create a page for students to view all that they have done and learnt with me, SharePoint for its wonderful collaborative nature e.g. Word Online, Web 2.0 tools like Padlet, Linoit and Mindmeister. The variety of tools used allows me to give students the opportunity to develop different literacies - visual and media and most importantly, for the development of 21st century skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment