Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Spectrum - A Whole New Way of Learning in Bite-Size

Crescent Girls' School developed this portal, called Spectrum, that allows teachers to create engaging learning experiences which are packaged into small learning activities. Each learning activity allows students to access either a resource from the Internet, or a Google Doc link or even an image.
In one of the activities I created for my Secondary Two girls, I decided to use the theory of place-based learning which required the girls to go to several locations within the school, be immersed in that place and to describe the setting based on a given scenario. I could then evaluate students' responses via the platform and marked them.
If you are interested to learn more about Spectrum, email me at richard_koh@crescent.edu.sg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment